CSC is interested in developing stronger, more robust and more sustainable organizations. Using a venture philanthropy approach, CSC provides financial investment and development support to select social benefit ventures (both for profits and nonprofits) that are addressing difficult social challenges and improving the lives of vulnerable people and communities through a scalable model.
Venture philanthropy applies venture capital principles, such as long-term investment and tailored development support, to the voluntary sector. CSC follows the following principles:
- High engagement - CSC actively participates in our investees
- Long term sustained support and investment, both financial and non-financial
- Nonfinancial support in the form of social capital, support from professional partners and access to tools
- Organizational capacity building
- Holding organizations accountable for results and reward success
- Sharing successes and failures openly
CSC does not accept unsolicited proposals for social impact funding.